Friday, January 4, 2013

A Walk With Deer Friends

On Saturday, December 29th when we were driving home from the hospital after visiting Duncan's Dad who had had a massive heart attack the day before Drew spotted a few deer in a small woods. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera and Duncan was not about to tramp through the snow and cold if we came back. He suggested that Janet would love to take me. When we arrived home Janet was more than willing to head out on this adventure. We grabbed our cameras and headed back to see if we could find them in the woods, Well, we had great success and enjoyed our lengthy visit with the deer. There were 5 in total, 3 females and 2 males. One male had antlers and the other was just starting to grow them. Janet chanted and sang to them and was able to keep there attention a bit so I could get closer to them. What a great experience we were able to share together that afternoon out in the woods.

Winter's beauty in the woods

I have my camera ready if we find the deer

I spot a couple off in the woods

She is keeping a close eye on us

How can you not love a face like that

A fresh coat of snow on the plants

The buck was being a little more cautious

This male is just getting antler buds. 
What I would do to have eyelashes like that!!!

Janet entertaining the deer

Lip smacking good!!!

A smile with in natures smile

Snow drop lips from snacking

Keeping an eye on the girls

Winter's reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment