Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Last Friday we were hit with over 30cm of snow. Grey squirrel and a few birds were out braving the weather to try and get some nourishment.

 Trying to find a few seeds in all this snow

Nibbling on the buds of the pear tree

Braving the wind and snow

This common redpoll found a few treats in the deep snow

Sunday morning I awoke to a winter wonderland. Everything was covered in hoar frost and the view was amazing. This was a perfect opportunity to try my micro lens and see how it works. I was pleased with some of the shots I was able to capture.

White trees and sunny skies

The evergreens with an amazing coating of frost

Frost on the forsythia tree

Ice crystals on a branch

The sun glistening on the crystals

This is my favourite picture

Who knew snow looked so amazing close up.......

No comments:

Post a Comment