Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Inverhuron, Sept. 6-8 2013

It was a mixed bag of weather this weekend. Friday was sunny and warm and we enjoyed a wonderful evening. I went down to the lake to get sunset pictures while Duncan got the fire going for us to enjoy for the rest of the evening. The firewood we got this weekend was the best park wood we have had this year. It was a great fire! When I went to see what time it was later in the evening I discovered that I had lost my watch. Unfortunately a search turned up nothing. Saturday we were both shocked when we woke up and it was 10:00. The gentle rain that was falling must have lulled us into a deep sleep. When Duncan went outside to have his tea he found my watch lying on the ground all wet. It was still working but the pin in the band was missing. I was lost all day without my watch. After lunchtime we headed to the veggie stand just south of Southampton to pick up a few things. The corn on the cob was the best corn we have had this year. It was so sweet and tender. We then drove up to Sauble Falls to enjoy some of the sights there. I had great fun watching all the ducks stretching as far as they could to enjoy the seeds on the tops of the grasses growing at the edge of the river. It was a cloudy day and it drizzled every so often. Our next stop was to visit with John & Joanne and see how the house reno was coming along. There is lots of work done and they are hoping to start dry walling before long. I am sure they are hoping things move quickly and they can have Christmas in there new home. We went to the Enchanted Fusion Restaurant for a chinese dinner. If you are in this area and want to enjoy a good meal be sure to go here. It was delicious. On our way back to Inverhuron we stopped and I was able to buy a new watch. I am not lost anymore........lol  It was a wet night so we watched dvd's of the West Wing. It's amazing how much shorter they are when you don't have to watch the commercials. Sunday we had a relaxing time at camp. I was able to hand feed some of the chickadees and enjoyed watching the other friends that came to visit. We headed to the beach area and went for a hike over the bridge and along the trail. I went down to the beach for a while before we headed home.

Twins on a log at our campsite

Treats for the birds

Friday evening sunset
 
Many shades of red in the evening light
 
My cheeks are bursting with treats
 
I see you looking at me

I got a peanut and I am off to enjoy it

Posing in the pine tree

Coming for a sunflower seed from my hand

Duncan spotted this salamander just before we left the campsite

Our Afternoon Hike
Flowers along the creek

A big paw print in the sand along the trail

More signs that fall is arriving

Fallen cedar trees and reflections in the water

Have a seat and enjoy some time at the lake

One of the many buggies we past on the way home.

Saturday Afternoon at Sauble Falls
Pretty in pink

Blue Heron on a log at the edge of the river

Golden beauty

Mallard ducks enjoying the treats of the river

A bees work is never done

Rings in the water from the Mallard

Rain drops on the petals

No comments:

Post a Comment